Sunday, September 18, 2011

Betcha didn't know

I think just about everyone knows someone who has been affected by breast cancer.  I was curious and discovered some celebrities who have fought like crazy and beat the Big C.

Sheryl Crow, diagnosed 2006
"I am a walking advertisement for early detection.”


Olivia Newton-John, diagnosed 1992
"Going through breast cancer makes you really investigate what you believe in and what makes you comfortable."


Kylie Minogue, diagnosed 2005
"I'm back working and being creative and enjoying all of that. But something in the way I do these things has changed. Friends say I seem more present, more 'here'. I feel more inspired than ever."


Betty Ford, diagnosed 1974
"Maybe if I as First Lady could talk about it candidly and without embarrassment, many other people would be able to as well."


Justice Sandra Day O'Connor, diagnosed 1982
She was back at work 6 days after a mastectomy (wowza).


Julia Child, diagnosed in 1968
Her secret to a long life?  "Meat and gin."


Cynthia Nixon, diagnosed 2006
Now serves as an ambassador for Susan G. Komen for the Cure.


Edie Falco, diagnosed 2003
“It was very important for me to keep my diagnosis under the radar...because well-meaning people would have driven me crazy asking, ‘How are you feeling?’”


Christina Applegate, diagnosed 2008
Plans to launch a foundation for high-risk women who can’t afford MRI testing.


One word: Inspiring.

2 comments:

jdoughe3 said...

I think you're inspiring. And cute!

jdoughe3 said...

Obviously, the Olivia Newton John outfit is just getting ready to spring back into fashion. Get ready!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...