Sunday, July 31, 2011

Another day, another blood test

On Friday I had not one, but two, blood draws.  Even after all of this, still not my favorite.  I went to Northwestern in the morning for a quick 2 vial blood draw and it was a piece of cake.  The phlebotomist chatted with me the whole time and kept me at ease and it was done before I knew it.  I went back in the afternoon for my second appointment without knowing it involved more blood.  And I mean more blood -- 6 big vials!  I was suprised I had any left when she was done with me.  Sometime during the 5th tube I started to not feel so good, and the 6th tube was no fun at all.  Thankfully Charlie was there to hold my hand and talk me through it.  One juice box and 4 ice packs (still no stickers!) later I felt better.  At least now I know what my feel-good limit is: 6 in one day or 4 at a time. 

I hope they have ice packs and juice boxes at the ready on Tuesday when I get my IV before surgery ...

#1: no problem

#2: problem.  Thank goodness for husbands and juice boxes.

There are few things Baskin Robbins rainbow sherbet won't fix!

Thanks Peggy and Barbara for the awesome stickers! 
I've got my own supply now -- thanks for nothing, hospital!

4 comments:

Ysmael said...

Praying for you :)

The Dougherty Clan said...

Thinking about you! Lots of love from up north! You're going to do great tomorrow!

Your little sister :) said...

Oh heyyy gorgeous! You are such a trooper- I am proud of you! Keep fighting like crazy....we're all praying like crazy! LOVE LOVE LOVE you <3

Pat and Dee said...

Thoughts and prayers headed your way! You've got this girlie ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...