Wednesday, June 22, 2011

From the bottom of my heart...

...THANK YOU!  In the past two days, you have made me laugh, smile, cry and thank God that I have such amazing family and friends.  Seriously.  It has been overwhelming in that "oh my goodness, I don't deserve this, everyone is amazing" kind of way.  I can't even begin to express how much your emails, phone calls, text messages, visits, and surprises (fruit baskets, flowers, hilarious websites) mean to me.  I am touched and humbled and so, so thankful.  Having the love and support of such unbelievable people will make this cancer beatdown a piece of cake.  Ok, maybe not a piece of cake, but much easier.

Words will never be enough to express my gratitude, so on to lighter topics.  Yesterday was my parents 31st anniversary, and since my loverly mums is here with me, they spent it apart.  We picked up a delish red velvet cake to celebrate their anniversary and the good news the surgeon gave us the day before.  Charlie, my mom, and I spent a delightful evening on the front porch until a nasty storm blew in and the lightning encouraged us to head indoors. 

It's ok to eat leftover cake for breakfast, right?  Oh wait, I almost forgot -- I have cancer.  I get to do what I want.

;)

XOXOX.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...