Sunday, June 26, 2011

Irish Wisdom

I noticed a plaque with this good ol' Irish wisdom while we were out with our friends Mike and Carolyn at our favorite Irish pub, O'Shaughnessy's on Friday.  I tend to be a worrier, so I like it.

There are only two things to worry about:
either you are well or you are sick.
If you are well, then there is nothing to worry about.
If you are sick, there are two things to worry about:
either you will get well or you will die.
If you get well, then there is nothing to worry about.
If you die, then there are two things to worry about:
either you will go to heaven or you will go to hell.
If you go to heaven, then there is nothing to worry about.
But if you go to hell, you'll be so busy shaking hands with your friends,
you won't have time to worry.


This has nothing to do with anything Irish, and but I think it falls within the "wisdom" category -- I've decided to start an anti-cancer diet.  This is still a work in progress, but here is day one:
Red wine!  According to the Mayo Clinic, "Antioxidants in red wine called polyphenols may help protect the lining of blood vessels in your heart."  http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/red-wine/HB00089.  If the Mayo Clinic says it, you know it's good ... it may not be cancer-specific, but I'll take it.  I'll keep you posted on how my, and consequently Charlie's, anti-cancer diet is coming as I figure it out. 
Charlie also took me out for a fancy-schmancy dinner to celebrate my birthday a few days early.  It was a delightful evening: a nice long walk to and from dinner, good wine/food/company, and we crossed paths with friends from law school and their brand new baby, Stella, on our way back.  Couldn't have asked for a better night.

Mussels for me

Lamb burger for Charlie (you can see the steam from my mussels!)

I hope you had a great weekend :)

1 comment:

Matt W said...

Love the irish words of wisdom, so true. Also, that lamb burger looks like it was full of epic deliciosity!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...